1.1 Personal information
The Money Advice Service regards the privacy of this website’s users as very important and any personal information which you provide to us will be dealt with in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Any personal information you provide to us will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No one will try to sell you anything and you will not receive unsolicited telephone calls or mail from us or any third parties as a result of personal data being provided to us.
1.2 What personal information is collected?
The following information may be collected:
- Your name and contact information (including e-mail address) and any other contact details you provide to us when you register on this website
- Information you provide if you report a problem with this website
- Records of any correspondence when or if you contact the Money Advice Service; and,
- Details of your visits to the website including information about your online activity on the website, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on the website.
1.3 What happens to your personal information?
The Money Advice Service will use your personal information to:
- email you about the hub if any new evidence is added related to your stated areas of interest;
- to ask for your views on how we can improve the resource to make it even more useful;
- to reply to any correspondence you have sent us; and,
- for quality, training and evaluation purposes.
Your personal information will not be used for any other purposes.
The Money Advice Service uses aggregated non-personal user data to analyse information such as where in the country users come from, and their general behaviour whilst on the website. We do not pass on any data from which your identity could be ascertained.